Author: Phenomenal Phoods
Serves: 24 sandwiches
For the cookies:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Glengarry Maple Syrup
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
For the maple frosting:
- For the cookies: Cream together the butter and brown sugar for 5 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Add egg and maple syrup and beat for another minute or until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and form each into a flat disc. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes before rolling it out.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to about ¼ inch thickness and use a maple leaf cookie cutter to cut out the leaves. Place the cookies about an inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or just until the edges are starting to brown.
- For the maple frosting: Use a mixer to beat the butter for 2 to 3 minutes until completely smooth and fluffy.
- Add the other ingredients and beat until smooth. Pipe or spoon about a tablespoon of frosting onto half of the cooled cookies and top with the remaining cookies.
- If using a cookie cutter shaped like a leaf, use a toothpick to make veins in the leaves.
Note: The cookies will hold their shape better in the oven if your transfer the sheets to the freezer for a few minutes before baking.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to have YOUR recipe featured on our website.